JGHF Marshall-Warren Luminal Gastroenterology Lecture
Selection of Lecturer
- The APDW Federation nominates three (3) potential lecturers and appropriate topics.
- The potential nominees should come from more than one country within Asia Pacific region.
- The JGH Foundation will make the final decision on the selection of the lecturer in the year preceding the lecture.
- The APDW Federation will advise the APDW Local Organising Committee who will notify the selected lecturer.
The funding package is to assist in covering the following expenses:
- Return airfares economy for national sector and business class for international sector (or two economy class airfares for the full trip to equivalent cost) between home city and the venue for the APDW meeting.
- Accommodation for the duration of APDW.
- Honorarium of US$2,000 for submission of manuscript at the time of the meeting for publication in the Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology (JGH).
- All travel and accommodation arrangements will be made by the APDW organisers.
- The selected Lecturer must ensure that both a manuscript and all relevant receipts are provided to the APDW organisers to receive reimbursement and payment.
The Lecturer is required to submit a manuscript at the time of the meeting that will cover the content of his/her lecture. The manuscript should be structured as a review article between 3,000-5,000 words and between 3-8 tables and figures. It is expected that this will be a detailed and learned exposé of the topic concerned, and will also emphasise practical points for clinicians and investigators. For information on JGH style guidelines please see the Wiley-Blackwell House Style Guide
Past Award Recipients
|2017||Khean Lee Goh||Kuala Lumpur||Lessons learnt from the Epidemiology of Helicobacter Pylori Infection in a multi-racial Asian Population in Malaysia|
|2016||Tsutomu Chiba||Kyoto||Mechanism for H.pylori-induced genetic instability in gastric cancer development|
|2015||Jaw-Town Lin||Taipei||Chemoprevention of gastric cancer by H. pylori eradication and long term use of NSAIDs and aspirin.|
|2014||Nageshwar Reddy||Hyderabad||Chronic pancreatitis - endoscopic therapy|
|2013||Mamoru Watanabe||Tokyo||Adult tissue stem cell therapy for gastrointestinal diseases|
|2012||Kentaro Sugano||Tochigi||Premalignant conditions of gastric cancer|
|2011||F K L Chan||Hong Kong||Managing Ulcer Risk in patients receiving Antiplatelet Therapy|
|2010||Neville Yeomans||Melbourne||Aspirin: Old drug, new uses and challenges?|
|2009||Joseph JY Sung||Hong Kong||Peptic Ulcer Bleeding: an Expedition of Two Decades in Asia|