JGHF Short Term Training Fellowships
- To facilitate short-term training and experience in technical, clinical or research skills that will enhance the career prospects of the Fellow, and is likely to benefit other gastroenterologists and standards of practice in the country of origin.
- Trainees or those who have completed training in gastroenterology within the previous five (5) years will be given priority.
- Applications from more senior gastroenterologists will also be considered when there is a high probability of technology transfer to others.
- Priority will be given to applicants from centres and countries where there is restricted access to similar training facilities or expertise.
- Competitive applications will be peer-reviewed.
- Applications will be called for twice each year by notice in JGH and on the APAGE and JGHF websites.
- A maximum of three (3) awards will be available each year.
- Applications must be on the official form available on the APAGE and JGHF websites.
- Value will be up to US$10,000 to be paid only as reimbursement of the following receipted expenses: travel or accommodation (applicant only). Under special circumstances other receipted expenses will be considered.
- An essential feature will be support of the applicant’s institution/senior colleagues and the host institution. A part contribution to expenses by the host institution will be viewed favourably.
- The duration of the fellowship will be six (6) weeks or more.
Please download the application form from here (MS Word 118Kb).